Don’t worry if your child swallowed a coin

Don’t worry if your child has swallowed a coin….

This just happened to me, my eight year daughter was sitting with me studying for her exams. I saw a five rupee coin on the bed few minutes before but didn’t pick it up as I was asking her the lessons.
Suddenly she patted her back and said in a husky voice that coin went inside……..
Her papa came running, pulled her upside down tried everything he could but the coin slide down the gut. We went running to the hospital did x- ray and showed it to the doctor, who just relaxed us by saying “Don’t worry give rich fibrous food, plenty of water and bananas to the child.”

But friends it took 14 days to pass out of her body….
My experience says that if the coin has easily slides your esophagus or the food pipe then it will come out through excretion.

But if it goes into the wrong pipe then you need medical aid immediately…
My daughter is weak in eating and too much of banana she was unable to eat may be this was also the reason why the coin took so long to come out. Salads helps a lot in sweeping the intestines. So I gave her salads and, in a day or two the coin was out.

Doctor says that our small intestine is very long and the food takes time to travel through it. If it’s a coin, then to come out it may take one or two days, eight days and may be fifteen to twenty days but it will pass out…

Just give plenty of fibrous food, salads, fruits, warm water, bananas etc…..
And biggest don’t panic, body automatically cleans the unwanted stuff………..

Article written by Meeti Kotia

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>